Text: 1 Peter 5:6-7
There are two key words from the topic, they are “Jehovah” and “cares”. Jehovah is the most common names for God. It occurs 6823 times in Bible. The meaning of “Jehovah” is the self-existent one, the God of the covenant, the unchanging , eternal , the “I am that I am”. The meaning of the word appears from Exodus 3:14. Elohim exhibits God display in his power as the creator and governor of physical universe, His name is Jehovah designates his nature as he stands in relation to man, as the only Almighty, true, personal, holy being, a spirit and father of spirits.
Care is the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something, a cause for feeling concern, activity involved in maintaining something in good working order.
Jehovah shows He cares for you by providing the following:
- Heals backslider – Jeremiah 3:22
- Heals broken hearts – Psalm 147:3
- Heals sinful souls – Psalm 41:4
- Heals human bodies – Exodus 15:26
- Heals nations – 2 Chronicles 7:14
2. Protection (Gen. 39:21)
- From our enemies – Psalm 143:9; Deuteronomy 28:7; Psalm 89:20-25
- From the devil and his agents – Psalm 91ff; Mark 16
- From accidents – Proverbs 21:31
- He makes you to dwell in safety – Psalm 4:8
- From physical and spiritual conspiracy – Acts 23:12ff; 2 Kings 6:8ff.