Text: Exodus 15:1-8
Who is a fighter?
Someone who fights (or is fighting). Someone who fights for a cause. For example, a high-speed military or naval airplane designed to destroy enemy aircraft in the air.
The good LORD always fights a cause for his children.
How does the great fighter fight for His children?
- Through the supernatural power of winds. (Exodus 14:21 ff; Exodus 9:13-33 *note vs. 27 – 28).
- Through dreams (Genesis 20:1-8).
- Through His angels (2 Kings 19:35-37).
- Through His divine presences (1 Samuel 5:1 ff).
- Oh God, let your supernatural power of wind destroy the plan of my enemies and their agents.
- Oh God, let your mighty storm destroy and scatter the plans and meetings of my enemies.
- The good fighter will cause your enemies to have problems, that only you can solve.
Image credit: Flickr via @Waiting for the Word